- Mercury Atlas 3
- Pad LC-14 ()
- Atlas (3)
- Unmanned, Robot operations
- Spacecraft No. 8, Launch Vehicle S/N 100-D
- Quick test of Spacecraft/Atlas orbit
- April 25, 1961. 11:15 am EST. Cape Canaveral Florida. Vehicle destroyed
- 40 seconds after liftoff.
- Altitude: 4.5 statute miles
- Orbits: 0
- Duration: 0 Days, 0 hours, 7 min, 19 seconds
- Distance: 0 statute miles
- Velocity: 1,177 mph
- Max Q: 880 psf
- Max G: 11
- The Mercury spacecraft was recovered off shore.
Click Here for Newer Missions
- Mission listed as a failure. Forty seconds after the Atlas left the pad,
the vehicle was destroyed by the Range Safety Officer. The mercury spacecraft
seperated and was recovered.
Click Here more information about MA-3
Return to KSC Home Page Return to Mercury Page
Last Updated Friday August 25 13:06:25 EDT 2000
Jim Dumoulin (email@example.com)